The Poultney Historical Society, founded in 1935 as a not-for-profit 501(c)3 member-supported organization, is dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of the history of the Town Of Poultney. In fulfilling this goal, the Society will:
- Collect, preserve and interpret genealogical, biographical, architectural, cultural and historical matter pertaining to the Town of Poultney
- Own, preserve and open to the public such historical buildings, as it shall acquire
- Make its resources accessible to researchers, genealogists, and the general public
- Hold meetings, create exhibits, sponsor programs and run special events for the education and enjoyment of its members, the Poultney community, and the general public
- Act in cooperation with public and private entities to promote awareness of and interest in Poultney’s history and heritage and the present and future development of the Town of Poultney.